The holidays are my favorite time of year, and no, it’s not (just) because of the presents! The true gifts of the season are the things you can’t put a price tag on – our health, time shared with loved ones, and feelings of immense pride and gratitude for being part of our phenomenal Rushmore team.
The holidays also give us a chance to look back on what worked, or what didn’t:
- If you had a great 2021, you can use this time to identify what led to your success and to develop an even better strategy for 2022.
- If 2021 left a little to be desired, you can use this time to reflect, to retool and to turn the page in anticipation of better times next year.
I’ve found that every experience, winning or learning, is an opportunity to adjust – whether that’s a complete course correction or only a slight tweak. Being flexible and applying our life lessons helps build our resiliency and character, and is key to our personal growth and prosperity. We learn and adapt as we go.
As I look back at 2021, I’m appreciative that we overcame many challenges by living our core values of “We are PROUD, We are SCRAPPY, and All for WON.” Our core values unite us and help us make better decisions about the way we work and care for one another.
I’m tremendously grateful for the strength and grit shown by our team this past year. You rallied during uncertain and challenging circumstances, with ever-shifting dynamics, and exceeded a number of impressive business goals. You stepped up and overcame big obstacles in your path. These trying times demonstrated the collective talent of our organization, and our ability to align and thrive as we continue to evolve into a purpose-driven culture.
We also made some notable strides this year to foster productivity, wellness and connection, regardless of where we physically work. I’m thrilled with our investment in new spaces and amenities, including:
- A brand new facility in Fort Lauderdale for Rushmore Correspondent Lending Services (RCLS). This modern space provides ample opportunity for our teams to collaborate in an innovative and healthy environment. We look forward to increasing our usage of the space when it’s safe to do so.
- And speaking of RCLS, they just announced last week that they exceeded $4 billion in total funded production for 2021. Great job, RCLS!
- Our beautiful new Dallas headquarters, which is scheduled to open in 2022. We’re making great progress with the layout and design, and are eager to leverage the space to take our work to the next level.
Aside from work, I hope you find time to focus on the gifts that matter most to you. I’ll be spending time with family as we give thanks for our many blessings.
Let’s wrap up the final days of 2021 with hope and optimism. Happy holidays, the best is yet to come!