If you’re having trouble making your monthly mortgage payment to Rushmore, we’re here to help. To start the process, it is important that we receive an accurate and complete Borrower Assistance Application. Please read the following instructions carefully to minimize processing delays.
Downloading the Borrower Assistance Package
Download the Borrower Assistance Application. This package contains a complete set of instructions and forms you need to complete and mail or fax to Rushmore Loan Management Services. We will use the information in this package to evaluate your borrower assistance options.
Important Things to Know
All Forms (Even Non-Applicable Ones) Must Be Filled Out and Returned
It is important that you fill out the entire packet. Please write “not applicable” on any forms that you feel don’t apply to you. All forms, even those you’ve written “not applicable” on, must be returned in order for your application to be complete. Failure to fill out all forms will cause delays in processing your assistance application.
Return Your Completed Application in One of the Following Ways*
*Please do not submit your application in more than one way unless directed to do so by a Rushmore employee. Doing so may cause processing delays.
|Attn: Loss Mitigation
Rushmore Loan Management Services, LLC
15480 Laguna Canyon road
Irvine, CA 92618
Providing Letters of Explanation
If we request a letter of explanation concerning your situation:
- Use a separate letter of explanation for each topic (such as a letter of explanation giving reasons you can’t supply a required document).
- Include your name and loan number on each letter.
- Sign each letter.
You must provide supporting documents for any expenses you disclose. Common expenses include alimony, child support, liens, and judgments.
Forms All Borrowers Must Provide
All Borrowers must complete the forms below:
If You Are Self-Employed
If you are self-employed, please provide:
- Signed and dated tax returns, with all schedules and forms, including 1099s, K-ls, 1120s, and/or 1065s for the most recent calendar year.
- A signed and dated copy of the last three months’ or most recent quarterly Profit and Loss Statement.
- The last three months’ business bank statements for the same time period reflected in the Profit and Loss Statement.
If a non-borrower, such as a child, spouse or non-relative, contributes money towards the mortgage payment and/or household expenses, you need to send us:
- A signed letter from the non-borrower stating monthly contribution amount.
- A letter of authorization to obtain a credit report on all contributing non-borrowers. This form is included in the packet.
- The last two months’ paystubs for each contributing non-borrower.
- The most recent bank statements, with all pages, for each contributing non-borrower.
Properties without Escrowed Taxes and/or Insurance
If your loan is approved for a loan modification, we will create an escrow account for taxes and insurance.
As part of your Borrower Assistance Application, we will need a copy of your property hazard insurance declaration page. You can contact your insurance agency to obtain this. If you don’t have or do not wish to get property hazard insurance, we will put insurance on your property. If this is the case, please send us a letter saying you want us to provide “forced place insurance” for your property.
If you own rental properties, we will need:
- A copy of all lease agreements with the renter(s).
- A copy of your most recent bank statement, with all pages, to verify rental income deposits
- The total amount of your mortgage payment including taxes and insurance.
Have questions or need help filling out the forms? Give us a call us at 888-504-7300, 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. PST Monday-Thursday, or 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. PST Friday.